Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Stages Of Life

This last week has flown by in a whirlwind of events. I turned 31, attended a bridal shower, bachelorette party and baby shower, all in the last 7 days. When I finally had a spare moment, I took a few minutes to talk to my best friend Mindy. In all the chaos and craziness of trying to participate in everyday life as well as raise my 8 month old, it dawned on me. I'm 31.....oh my god!! I'm 31! Then just when I realized I was a year older, my beloved Mindy states, "You're not just 30 anymore, you're actually IN your 30's!" At the time we giggled at our comedic selves (we often think we're funnier than we really are) but when I hung up the phone it started to sink in. 31? How could this be? Didn't I just turn 21? It seems like yesterday I was getting my license, waiting to turn 18, and then just dying to hit the golden 21. And now here I am. Married, with the house, the two dogs and my first baby. What happened? When did I grow up? It's so scary to me to see how quickly our lives change, and pass us by if we let it. For a split second, I was so sad. Reminiscing in all those silly teenage times and mischief I caused as a young adult. Yes, those were good times. But in my brief moment of sadness, I heard my baby Brianna with her giddy baby babble. As I smiled in pride at my genius of a child, it hit me. Yes, it's true those were good times. But these? These my friends are GREAT times. I may now be 31, but am having the time of my life. So far things have only gotten better as I've gotten older. Hopefully this trend will continue. If that's the case.....then with passion and excitement I say, "look out 40 here I come!!"

TIP OF THE DAY: Don't be afraid to stand in the spotlight, it's your time to shine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at that picture... PRICELESS! Almost as priceless as the picture I have of you & I almost 30 years ago (yes 30) naked in Marylyn’s tub. We were so cute and look at us now... OLD, GRAYING, and yes, not so cute naked in the tub anymore!!! I’m Glad you’ve embraced your age, not sure how I feel about being IN MY 30’s… GRANDMA!!!! LUV ya anyway!!!