Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Party Fit For A Princess


All right ladies, I must share a story about a birthday party I attended this last weekend. It was my friend Jen’s daughter who just turned one. To give you a little background, Jen has four beautiful children. However, the first three are all boys. She loves them dearly but since the day I met her, she has longed for a little girl. This is a woman who has known her entire life, all she wanted was to be a mommy. And boy did she get her wish x 4. She was so excited with each pregnancy, wondering if God would bless her with a boy or a girl. Well, as I stated earlier she repeatedly heard that blessed statement, "it's a boy!" Not once, not twice, but thrice! Three times was NOT a lady for Mommy Jen. After the third boy, there was a small sadness for Jen. Not because she wasn't thankful for her wonderful boys, but because let's face it.....the poor woman was drowning in testosterone and loads of blue colored laundry! Then the announcement came, our Jenny was pregnant again! (For those who know our Jenny, this was pretty standard over these last years. Kudos to Daddy Adam!) We were all sick with anticipation. Could this be it? Could this be the innie vs. outie we've all been waiting for? Well guess what, Mommy Jen received that glorious news. Queen Jen (who truly lives up to her name) was going to be blessed with her princess! After years of boy themed clothes, games, birthday parties, etc. It was time for female revenge. Princess Myah's (Jen's one year old daughter) 1st birthday party! I have never in all my life, seen such a beautiful sight of bejeweled decor for such a party. The house was raving in femininity, glowing with perfect shades of pink and green. The inside was pinker than the pink on a crayola crayon! Mind you to even get into the house, you had to walk through the hanging jewels on the front entrance. Which was just the beginning! There were decorations everywhere, adorned with hand placed rhinestones! There were Myah shrines throughout the home, with pictures of her throughout the year and all accented with jewels of course! There were four different birthday hats for baby, two of which were tiaras. I would expect nothing less for princess Myah! As you looked around in awe of the fabulous surroundings of girl power, I spot them.....more jewels! Jewels hand placed on the table cloths, wall decor, high chair decorations and even in the polka-dots of her pink favor boxes. And I do mean in EVERY polka-dot of these terrific boxes! Jen had done three wonderful 1st birthday parties decked out in boy themes, but this time her knack for event decorating truly shined. The ambiance of pink and green mini pails filled with jewels and tea lights, along with sparkles everywhere reminded me of when I was a little girl. Playing with dolls, dressing up, and loving anything sparkly. Okay, I admit I still love anything sparkly! Needless to say the party was fabulous dahlings! I am so excited and glad to be a part of watching Jen create this wonderful family. She is an awesome mom to both her boys and baby girl. With that said, I gotta tell ya ladies......in regards to this party, I think we've been outdone!

TIP OF THE DAY: Ladies, be careful of your princesses. They will dethrone you someday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This "Jenny" lady sounds AMAZING" (Grin)
I'm honored to be mentioned in your blog
I feel blessed that you are a part of my life and I look forward to raising our daughters together
Love Jenny
(or as you refer to me "Queen Jen"
I Like it, It has a nice ring to it)