Thursday, March 15, 2007

Morning Glory

Halle-freakin-luiah! There is a God! As most of you know I'm the one who gets up with Brianna every night, due to my husband's occupation as a police officer. Not only do I get up every night, but I am up every 2-3 hours throughout the night for the local dairy feedings. It has started taking quite a toll on me, which is probably why it is difficult to muster up energy to find my way out of my PJ tee throughout the day. In addition to the complete lethargy, my complexion is looking a little, okay a lot, exhausted. The circles under my eyes, have gone from dark to darker, and my mother finds herself humorous in nicknaming me "Rocky Racoon." Just as we seem to say to ourselves, " I can't go another night, I'm exhausted." Somehow that secret pocket of limited energy (or sleepwalking as I call it) manages to get us through one more night. Just when I think I'm going to die from exhaustion, and am running on fumes, miraculously I keep going. Then.....there was last night. The holy night, the sacred night, the night that the baby slept the entire night! The entire blissful night!! I woke up several times during the night in a complete state of panic, realizing she had not awoken. Was something wrong? Was she alright? I ran into her room throughout the night to check and make sure she was breathing, confirming that she was okay. Not only was she okay, but she was sound asleep! Could this be the turn around? Another milestone of sleeping through the night? One could only hope! Although, how is it that she finally sleeps through the night, and I'm still getting up every 3 hours to check on her? Is this some kind of mommy joke, that you veterans forgot to tell us about? As excited as I am to possibly see some extra Z's in my future, it saddens me that this is all going so fast. It is so true when people tell you that they grow right before your eyes. It seems as everyday there is something new she is doing or learning and this first year is going by in a flash. I'm so blessed with her growth as a person, and my growth as a zombie, I mean mommy. So keep your fingers crossed all, and hopefully we will have another peaceful night.

TIP OF THE DAY: When the rooster crows, throw a rock at him.

1 comment:

Dawn Kinzer said...

LOL!!! Even though my daughters are now 25 and almost 23 years old - I remember those nights well. Don't worry. You'll still have many nights ahead with plenty of opportunity for her to wake you up. Just wait until she has a bad dream - or gets the stomach flu. It ALWAYS happens in the middle of the night - and they NEVER make it to the bathroom!
Dawn